Warm salmon, egg and quinoa salad
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
$6.10 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed under cold running water
- 1/2 teaspoon Moroccan seasoning
- 1 large head broccoli, cut into florets
- 200g skinless salmon fillet, poached, flaked
- 2 eggs, soft boiled, halved
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 large carrots, julienned or cut into strips with a vegie peeler
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, sliced
- 1/3 cup sultanas
- 1/4 cup chopped mint
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/3 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Boil 2 cups water in a medium saucepan. Add quinoa and cook for 12–15 minutes, or until grains absorb water. Transfer cooked quinoa to a large salad bowl with Moroccan seasoning; toss lightly.
Step 2 Steam, boil or microwave broccoli florets until tender.
Step 3 Add cooked broccoli to salad bowl with remaining ingredients. Whisk all dressing ingredients in a small dish and pour into salad bowl; toss lightly and serve.
Make it gluten free: Check Moroccan seasoning is gluten free.
About this recipe
First published: September 2015