Full ingredients list:
- 1/2 x 400g packet extra-lean beef meatballs
- 1 large wholemeal pizza base
- 1/2 cup basil pesto
- 100g fresh reduced-fat ricotta, crumbled
- 1 large red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, to garnish
- 8 cups mixed salad leaves, to serve
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a large baking tray or pizza stone with baking paper. Set a large non-stick frying pan over medium–high heat. Add meatballs to pan and cook according to packet instructions. Remove meatballs from pan and cut each in half.
Step 2 Place pizza base on prepared tray (or stone). Spread base with pesto; top evenly with meatball halves, ricotta and capsicum. Transfer tray to oven and bake for 10–15 minutes, or until crust and ricotta start to brown.
Step 3 Toss salad leaves with vinegar. Cut pizza into 8 slices, garnish with basil and serve with salad.
About this recipe
First published: September 2015