Green chicken and pumpkin curry
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
$4.00 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2–3 tablespoons green curry paste (see tip)
- 500g chicken breast fillets, diced into 2cm cubes
- 1 cup reduced-salt chicken stock
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat coconut milk
- 500g pumpkin, seeded, peeled, cut into thin wedges
- 1 medium head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 medium red capsicum, seeded, diced into 2cm cubes
- 1 large zucchini, trimmed, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- Lime juice, to taste
- 2 cups steamed brown rice
- fresh coriander leaves, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Heat olive oil in a wok over medium–high heat. Add curry paste and stir for 2–3 minutes, or until fragrant. Add chicken and stir-fry until coated in paste.
Step 2 Add stock and coconut milk to wok; bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer gently for 3–4 minutes. Add pumpkin and partially cover pan; simmer for 5 minutes, or until almost tender.
Step 3 Add broccoli to wok; simmer for 2 minutes. Add capsicum and zucchini; simmer for 2 minutes, or until veg are just tender. Add sugar with lime juice to taste.
Step 4 Top steamed rice with curry, garnish with coriander and serve.
Curry pastes vary dramatically in their degree of heat. Start with a small amount and add more as required.
About this recipe
First published: September 2015