Curried fish with almond pilaf
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
$4.75 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 2 1/2 cups reduced-salt chicken stock
- 600g mixed frozen vegetables (peas, beans and broccoli)
- 4 x Birds Eye SteamFresh Thai Coconut Curry Fish Fillets
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves, plus extra, to garnish
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Heat olive oil in a large, deep, non-stick saucepan over medium heat. Sauté onion for 4–5 minutes, or until soft. Add turmeric; stir for 1 minute, then stir in rice. Add stock and frozen vegetables; bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low, cover pan and simmer for 10 minutes, or until rice has absorbed nearly all liquid. Switch off heat, cover pan and leave to rest for 10 minutes.
Step 2 Meanwhile, microwave fish fillets according to packet instructions. Fluff rice with a fork, then stir in almonds and coriander to make pilaf.
Step 3 Garnish fish with coriander leaves and serve with pilaf.
About this recipe
First published: September 2015