Spaghetti with broccoli pesto
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
$2.55 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 2 medium heads broccoli, broken into florets (about 8 cups)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 1/3 cup finely grated parmesan, plus extra 2 tablespoons, to serve
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 300g wholemeal spaghetti
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 medium green capsicum, diced
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 1/3 cup semi-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves, plus extra, to garnish
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Blitz half the broccoli florets with garlic, pine nuts, parmesan, lemon zest, lemon juice and olive oil in a food processor until mixture forms a chunky pesto, then season with cracked black pepper.
Step 2 Cook pasta in a large saucepan according to packet instructions; drain and return to pan, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water. Add broccoli pesto with reserved pasta water; toss well to coat pasta.
Step 3 Boil remaining broccoli with zucchini, capsicum and peas for 2 minutes, or until tender; drain. Add greens to pasta saucepan with semi-dried tomatoes and basil; toss lightly to heat through and season with black pepper.
Step 4 Divide pasta among 4 plates and scatter with extra parmesan; garnish with basil and serve.
About this recipe
First published: May 2015