Five-spice chicken and vegie stir-fry
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
$4.80 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 600g chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice
- 400g bag fresh (or frozen) stir-fry vegetable mix
- 1 bunch bok choy, stems and leaves separated, chopped
- 1/4 cup gluten-free oyster sauce
- 1 long fresh red chilli, finely sliced
- 2 x 250g packets microwavable brown rice, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Heat olive oil in a large wok or large, deep non-stick frying pan set over high heat. Sprinkle chicken with spice and, adding to wok (or pan) in batches, stir-fry for 3–4 minutes, or until almost cooked through; remove from pan and set aside.
Step 2 Add vegetable mix and bok choy stems to wok with 1/4 cup water; stir-fry for 4–5 minutes, or until veg are tender and water has evaporated. Return reserved chicken to wok with bok choy leaves, oyster sauce and half the chilli. (Add an extra 1/4 cup water to thin sauce, if necessary.) Stir-fry mixture for 2 minutes, or until chicken is cooked and veg are heated through.
Step 3 Meanwhile, microwave rice according to packet instructions and divide among 4 bowls. Top rice with chicken stir-fry, garnish with remaining chilli and serve.
About this recipe
First published: May 2015