Tofu, egg and herb fried rice
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
45 mins (Hands-on time: 15 mins, Cooking time: 30 mins)
$3.10 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 300g firm tofu, diced into 2cm cubes
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 long red chillies, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch broccolini, halved diagonally
- 3 cups cooked long-grain brown rice
- 1/4 cup vegetarian oyster sauce
- 1/3 cup chopped mint leaves
- 1/3 cup chopped coriander leaves
- 2 shallots (green part only), thinly sliced
- 4 eggs
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Set a wok or large saucepan over medium–high heat. Add canola oil and heat. Add tofu; stir-fry for 4–5 minutes, or until golden. Remove cooked tofu from wok and set aside.
Step 2 Heat sesame oil in same wok (or pan) over medium–high heat. Add garlic, chillies and capsicum; stir-fry for 2 minutes, or until soft. Add broccolini and brown rice; stir-fry for about 2 minutes, or until broccolini is almost tender and rice has heated through.
Step 3 Add cooked tofu to wok with oyster sauce and 2 tablespoons water; stir-fry until hot. Remove wok from heat. Stir mint, coriander and shallots through rice mixture.
Step 4 Fry eggs in a large non-stick frying pan for 2–3 minutes, or until cooked to your liking. Divide tofu and herb rice among 4 bowls, top with a fried egg and serve.
About this recipe
First published: March 2015