Tofu and peanut noodle stir-fry
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
$3.30 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 2 x 220g packets Hokkien noodles
- 1 tablespoon rice bran oil
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 bunches baby choy sum, stems sliced, leaves roughly chopped
- 1 red capsicum, halved lengthways, cut into strips
- 3 shallots, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 300g firm tofu, well drained, cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1/3 cup unsalted roasted peanuts
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Prepare noodles according to packet instructions, then drain and separate with a fork; set aside.
Step 2 Heat rice bran oil in a wok or large non-stick frying pan set over high heat. Add chopped garlic, choy-sum stems, capsicum and shallots; stir-fry for 2–3 minutes. Add tofu; stir-fry for 1 more minute.
Step 3 Add choy-sum leaves to wok with 1/4 cup water; toss. Cover pan; cook for 1 more minute. Add reserved noodles and soy sauce; toss well.
Step 4 Divide stir-fry among 4 bowls, scatter with peanuts and serve.
About this recipe
First published: March 2015