Rice salad with tuna, tomato and green beans
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
$4.35 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 2 x 250g packets microwavable rice blend (brown, red, wild)
- 300g green beans, trimmed
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, quartered lengthways, diced
- 2 shallots, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 350g punnet tomato medley, halved
- 425g can tuna in oil, drained, roughly flaked
- 75g reduced-fat feta, roughly crumbled
- 1/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 1/3 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Microwave rice according to packet instructions; transfer to a large bowl and set aside.
Step 2 Bring a medium saucepan of water to the boil. Immerse green beans to blanch for 2–3 minutes, or until just tender. Drain beans, refresh in a bowl of cold water and pat dry with paper towel.
Step 3 Add blanched green beans to reserved cooked rice with cucumbers, shallots, tomatoes, tuna, feta, olives and parsley.
Step 4 Place lemon juice and olive oil in a small bowl to make dressing; season with cracked black pepper and whisk until well combined.
Step 5 Drizzle rice salad with dressing and toss lightly. Divide rice salad among 4 plates and serve.
About this recipe
First published: March 2015