Fragrant Thai fish parcels
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
40 mins (Hands-on time: 15 mins, Cooking time: 25 mins)
$6.60 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 1 bunch bok choy
- 4 x 150g firm white fish fillets, such as snapper or bream
- juice of 1 lemon or lime
- 4cm piece ginger, grated
- 1–2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped coriander
- 1 lemongrass stalk, broken into pieces, finely chopped
- 1–2 kaffir lime leaves, finely sliced
- 4 teaspoons green curry paste
- 2/3 cup coconut milk
- 3/4 cup brown rice
- 1 large head broccoli, broken into florets
- 1/3 cup sultanas
- 4 shallots, sliced
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Cut 4 x 40cm squares of baking paper. Place a few bok-choy leaves on each square, then top with a fish fillet. Divide remaining parcel ingredients among squares, adding coconut milk last.
Step 2 Fold each paper square’s long sides over filling to enclose, then scrunch open ends together and tie with string to form parcel. Bake parcels for 20–25 minutes, or until fish is tender.
Step 3 Meanwhile, cook rice according to packet instructions and steam remaining bok choy with broccoli florets.
Step 4 Undo hot fish parcels with care. Combine rice with sultanas and divide among 4 plates. Top each with fish, steamed greens and sliced shallots, and serve.
About this recipe
First published: March 2015