Chicken, leek and pumpkin bake
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
1 hr 15 mins (Hands-on time: 15 mins, Cooking time: 60 mins), plus 30 mins marinating
$3.45 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes (optional)
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 4 chicken Marylands, skin removed
- 600g Kent pumpkin, peeled, cut into 3cm chunks
- 2 leeks, cut into thick slices
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 4 cups mixed salad leaves, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Combine olive oil, garlic, chilli flakes, lemon juice and lemon zest in a large, shallow glass bowl. Add chicken to marinade; stir to coat. Cover bowl and refrigerate to marinate for 30 minutes.
Step 2 Preheat oven to 200°C. Place marinated chicken in a large baking dish with pumpkin and leeks; bake for 1 hour, or until chicken is cooked and golden.
Step 3 Divide chicken, leek and pumpkin bake among 4 plates, scatter with chopped parsley and serve with salad leaves.
About this recipe
First published: June 2015