Chocolate, apple and pistachio pudding
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
45 mins (Hands-on time: 20 mins, Cooking time: 25 mins)
$0.80 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 5 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled, chopped
- 1/3 cup sultanas
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons orange juice
- 115g reduced-fat table spread
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon pistachios, crushed
- 1 teaspoon icing sugar, to dust
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Place apples, sultanas, cinnamon and orange juice in a large saucepan set over medium heat; stir gently for 5–8 minutes, or until apples start to soften. Spoon fruit into a large greased baking dish or 8 small greased ramekins.
Step 2 Cream table spread and brown sugar in a medium bowl with a hand mixer. Add eggs, beating, one at a time; fold in flour and cocoa powder, then stir in milk to make batter. Spoon batter over fruit in baking dish (or ramekins).
Step 3 Transfer dish to oven; bake for 20–25 minutes, or until pudding is firm to the touch.
Step 4 Dust pudding with icing sugar, top with pistachios and serve.
About this recipe
First published: July 2015