Chicken and ramen noodle soup
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
$3.70 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 1 litre reduced-salt chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 1 bird’s-eye chilli, finely sliced
- 2 x 150g packets shelf-stable ramen noodles
- 225g bag coleslaw
- 1 bunch baby bok choy, sliced
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast fillets
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves, to garnish
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Set a medium saucepan of 2 cups water over high heat. Add chicken stock, garlic, chilli and noodles; bring to the boil and cook for 1 minute, or until noodles soften.
Step 2 Meanwhile, place coleslaw, bok choy and chicken in 4 large, deep soup bowls. Divide noodles among bowls and ladle about 1 1/2 cups broth over each, then cover and leave to stand for 2 minutes to heat veg and chicken through.
Step 3 Garnish chicken and noodle soup with coriander and extra chilli, if preferred, and serve.
About this recipe
First published: July 2015