Warm Thai chicken salad with red rice
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
$4.85 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 250g packet microwavable SunRice Thai Exotic Red Rice (or brown rice)
- 2 tablespoons roasted unsalted peanuts
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- juice of 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- pinch of sugar
- 400g cooked skinless chicken breasts, shredded
- 2 bunches bok choy, trimmed, chopped
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, sliced
- 1 ripe mango, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup mint leaves, torn, plus extra, to garnish
- 6 shallots, diagonally sliced
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 To make dressing, combine all ingredients in a small jug.
Step 2 To make salad, combine all ingredients in a large salad bowl. Add dressing to bowl and toss to combine.
Step 3 Cook rice according to packet instructions. Divide salad and rice among 4 plates. Scatter salad with nuts and chilli, garnish with extra torn mint leaves and serve.
About this recipe
First published: February 2015