Spicy eggplant and buckwheat salad
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
$2.45 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 1 large eggplant (400g), sliced
- 3 medium zucchini, halved, sliced
- 1 medium red capsicum, sliced
- 1 tablespoon harissa spice
- 1–2 teaspoons honey
- 250g buckwheat
- 1/3 cup mint leaves, torn
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 x 400g can no-added-salt chickpeas, rinsed, drained
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Place vegetables on a baking tray and spray with olive oil. Mix harissa spice with honey; brush onto veg. Roast vegies for 20–25 minutes.
Step 2 Meanwhile, cook buckwheat according to packet instructions in an uncovered saucepan for 15 minutes; drain and transfer to a salad bowl with roast veg, torn mint leaves, lemon zest, lemon juice and chickpeas.
Step 3 Season salad with cracked black pepper, toss and serve.
About this recipe
First published: February 2015