Lamb steaks with crushed potato and bean salad
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
$5.30 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 4 x 100g lean lamb leg steaks
- 1/4 teaspoon Tuscan seasoning
- 500g new potatoes
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 400g can butter beans, rinsed, drained, roughly mashed
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup black olives, sliced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, torn, to garnish
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Sprinkle lamb steaks with a little Tuscan seasoning and set aside. Steam, boil or microwave new potatoes until tender, then drain and crush roughly.
Step 2 Place crushed potatoes in a large salad bowl with remaining ingredients (except for basil); season with pepper and toss.
Step 3 Set a large non-stick frying pan over high heat and grill reserved lamb steaks for 3–4 minutes, or until done to your liking.
Step 4 Divide salad among 4 plates, topping each with a lamb steak; garnish with torn basil and serve.
About this recipe
First published: February 2015