Sweet potato and red lentil curry
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
$3.75 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 2 medium onions, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoons mustard seeds or wholegrain mustard
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 cup red lentils
- 2 large sweet potatoes (about 400g), peeled, cut into chunks
- 2 cups reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 2 x 400g cans no-added-salt chopped tomatoes
- 4 cups chopped mixed veg (cauliflower, carrot, zucchini)
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat natural yoghurt, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and sauté until soft. Add all spices and cook for 1 more minute, or until fragrant.
Step 2 Add lentils, sweet potatoes, stock and tomatoes to saucepan with 2 cups water; stir and bring to the boil. Add mixed veg, cover pan and simmer for 20 minutes, or until potato is tender.
Step 3 Season curry with cracked black pepper, top with a dollop of natural yoghurt and serve.
Garnish curry with sprigs of fresh herbs, if preferred.
About this recipe
First published: August 2015