Full ingredients list:
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat table spread
- 3 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 cups reduced-fat milk
- zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 1/2 x 410g can creamed corn
- 425g can tuna in spring water, drained
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 3/4 cup wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 1 cup grated reduced-fat cheddar
- 800g mixed frozen vegetables
- chopped fresh parsley, to garnish
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Melt table spread in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Remove pan from heat and whisk in flour to form a thick paste. Add milk, pouring slowly and whisking continuously to prevent lumps from forming. Return pan to medium heat and continue to stir until a thick sauce forms.
Step 2 Remove pan from heat. Stir in half the lemon zest with lemon juice, corn and tuna; season with cracked black pepper.
Step 3 Transfer mixture to a greased shallow baking dish; scatter with dried thyme, breadcrumbs and grated cheese. Bake mixture for 15 minutes, or until topping is crunchy and golden.
Step 4 Meanwhile, steam or boil veg until tender. Garnish tuna mornay with parsley and remaining lemon zest, and serve with veg.
About this recipe
First published: August 2015