Stir-fried beef with mushrooms, peas and broccolini
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
$4.55 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- olive-oil spray
- 500g lean rump steak, trimmed, sliced into thin strips
- 250g button mushrooms, halved
- 3cm piece ginger, peeled, cut into thin matchsticks
- 3 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 6 shallots, cut into 5cm batons
- 200g sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 2 bunches broccolini, trimmed, cut into long florets
- coriander leaves, to garnish
- 2 cups steamed basmati rice, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Combine sweet chilli sauce, soy sauce and lime juice in a small bowl; set aside. Spray a large non-stick wok with olive oil and set over high heat. Add steak strips to wok in 2 batches and stir-fry for 2 minutes, or until golden. Remove beef strips from wok and set aside.
Step 2 Spray wok with olive oil again. Add button mushrooms to wok with ginger and garlic; stir-fry for 2 minutes, or until golden. Add shallots, peas and broccolini to wok with 2 tablespoons water; stir-fry for 2–3 minutes, or until vegetables are just cooked.
Step 3 Add reserved sauces and beef to wok; stir-fry to heat through. Divide rice among plates and top with stir-fried beef and vegies; garnish with coriander and serve.
About this recipe
First published: September 2014