Red lentil dhal with cauliflower and pumpkin
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
$2.85 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 cups diced pumpkin
- 400g can no-added-salt chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup reduced-salt chicken stock
- 5 teaspoons mango chutney
- 300g red lentils
- 4 tablespoons low-fat Greek-style yoghurt, to serve
- coriander leaves, to garnish
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Spray a large, deep non-stick frying pan with olive oil and set over medium heat. Add chopped onion and cook for 2–3 minutes, or until soft. Add curry powder and cook for a few minutes.
Step 2 Spray frying pan with olive oil again. Add cauliflower and pumpkin; toss to coat with curry powder. Add tomatoes, stock and chutney to pan with 3 cups water; bring to the boil and cook for 10 minutes. Add red lentils and simmer for 15 minutes.
Step 3 Top dhal with yoghurt, garnish with coriander leaves and serve.
Enjoy this dhal with torn pieces of warm wholemeal pita bread.
About this recipe
First published: October 2014