Bolognese pasta bake
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
45 mins (Hands-on time: 20 mins, Cooking time: 25 mins)
$4.50 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 250g gluten-free pasta shells
- olive-oil spray
- 300g Heart Smart beef mince
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- 2 cups sliced button mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1/3 cup semi-dried tomatoes, drained, chopped
- 400g can no-added-salt chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free beef (or chicken) stock powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 6 tablespoons low-fat natural yoghurt
- 1/4 cup grated reduced-fat cheese
- 3 tablespoons gluten-free breadcrumbs
- chopped parsley, to garnish
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Cook pasta in a large saucepan according to packet instructions.
Step 2 Spray another large saucepan with oil; set over medium–high heat. Add beef mince, garlic and basil; cook for 3–4 minutes. Add mushrooms, onion and carrot; cook for 4–5 minutes.
Step 3 Preheat oven to 180°C. Add all tomatoes, stock powder, sugar and wine to mince; heat through. Bring mixture to the boil; simmer for 10 minutes. Drain pasta and place in a large baking dish. Add mince to dish and stir well.
Step 4 Spoon yoghurt over pasta; top with cheese and breadcrumbs. Bake for 20–25 minutes, or until golden brown. Garnish bake with chopped parsley and serve.
Any large pasta shape will work well in this easy bake.
About this recipe
First published: October 2014