Full ingredients list:
- Olive and date couscous
- 3/4 cup couscous
- 3/4 cup no-added-salt chicken stock
- 1/3 cup chopped dates
- 1/4 cup pitted olives, halved
- 4 canned baby beetroot, quartered
- 2 cups diced salad vegetables (shallots, cherry tomatoes, capsicum)
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons mint leaves
- 5 tablespoons fat-free balsamic dressing
- Mediterranean chicken
- 400g lean cooked chicken, sliced
- 1/2 cup passata
- 4 tablespoons fat-free balsamic dressing
- 1 small cucumber, roughly chopped
- 1 cup low-fat natural yoghurt
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons sun-dried-tomato pesto
- 3 tablespoons chopped mint
- 2 wholemeal pitas, sliced, warmed, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Place couscous in a bowl. Pour boiling chicken stock over couscous and leave to stand for 5 minutes.
Step 2 Meanwhile, combine passata with 4 tablespoons dressing in a small bowl. (You can serve this dip for chicken either cold or warm.)
Step 3 Blend all tzatziki ingredients in a food processor; season with cracked black pepper and place in a small serving dish.
Step 4 Fluff couscous with a fork. Add dates, olives, vegetables, mint and 5 tablespoons dressing; toss.
Step 5 Serve couscous, chicken, passata dip, tzatziki and pitas on a platter.
About this recipe
First published: January 2014