Full ingredients list:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon sherry vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 6 cups shredded baby cos lettuce leaves or rocket
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, halved, seeded, finely sliced
- 1 shallot, peeled, sliced as thinly as possible
- 1/4 cup walnuts, roughly crushed
- 1 cup cherries, pitted, halved
- 30g goats' cheese
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped dill
- a few chives, sliced into 3cm lengths
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Whisk olive oil, vinegar and mustard in a small bowl; set dressing aside.
Step 2 Place cos lettuce or rocket in a wide shallow serving bowl or platter. Top leaves with remaining ingredients, adding cherries, goat’s cheese and herbs last.
Step 3 Drizzle dressing over salad and serve.
Serve this beautiful salad with a grilled salmon, pork or poultry dish and a jacket potato.
About this recipe
First published: January 2014