Garlic-chilli mushroom pasta
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
$2.60 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 300g spaghetti or linguine
- 2 tablespoons chilli paste
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 3 cups button mushrooms, sliced
- 8 oil-free sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/2 green cabbage, shredded
- 1/4 cup reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped
- flat-leaf parsley, to garnish
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Cook pasta according to packet instructions, or until al dente. Drain pasta and return to saucepan with chilli paste; toss. Cover saucepan to keep warm.
Step 2 Heat olive oil in a medium frying pan set over medium–high heat. Cook onion for 2–3 minutes, or until soft. Add crushed garlic, mushroom and sun-dried tomato; cook for 3–4 minutes, or until mixture starts to soften. Add green cabbage and vegetable stock; cook, stirring occasionally, for 3–4 minutes, or until cabbage starts to wilt.
Step 3 Add vegies to pasta pan; toss lightly and season with cracked black pepper. Scatter walnuts onto pasta; garnish with parsley. Serve.
About this recipe
First published: February 2014