Five-spice hoisin chicken with greens
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
$6.00 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 600g chicken breast fillets,trimmed, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon five-spice mix
- 8 metal or wooden skewers
- cooking oil spray
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 350g assorted Asian mushrooms, such as shiitake, oyster, king oyster, enoki or shimeji
- 3 bunches assorted Asian greens, such as pak choy, gai lan and choy sum; cut into 8cm lengths
- 2 x 250g packets microwavable SunRice Rice & Quinoa
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Place chicken pieces in a shallow glass or ceramic dish. Combine sauces and spice mix in a small jug with 2 tablespoons water. Drizzle half of the mixture over chicken and turn to coat. Reserve remaining sauce.
Step 2 Thread chicken pieces onto skewers. Spray a large non-stick frying pan with cooking oil and set over medium–high heat. Cook skewers for 3 minutes per side, or until chicken is cooked through.
Step 3 Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a wok or large frying pan set over medium–high heat. Cook ginger and Asian mushrooms, stirring, for 3 minutes, or until mushrooms are just tender. Add Asian greens; cook for 2–3 minutes, or until just tender. Add reserved sauce and cook until heated through.
Step 4 Cook rice–quinoa mixture according to packet instructions. Serve skewers and vegetables with a side of rice and quinoa.
About this recipe
First published: February 2014