Warm asparagus, pea and salmon rice
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
$4.64 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed, sliced
- 1 cup frozen baby green peas
- 450g packet microwave brown rice
- 415g can red salmon, drained, skin and bones removed, flaked
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Cook asparagus and peas in a large saucepan of boiling water until just tender. Drain well.
Step 2 Cook rice following packet instructions. Place rice, cooked vegetables, salmon and baby spinach in a large bowl.
Step 3 Place lemon zest, juice, oil and a pinch of sugar in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Add to warm rice and gently toss to combine. Season with freshly ground black pepper. Serve.
About this recipe
First published: September 2013