Tomato, capsicum and kidney bean braise
Please log in to save or rate.
6 (makes 6 cups)
Time to make:
$2.05 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 medium red capsicums, diced
- 1 long red chilli, finely sliced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 x 400g can no-added-salt diced tomatoes
- 400g can no-added-salt kidney beans, rinsed, drained
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Heat oil in a large heavy-based frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 3-5 minutes or until browned. Add garlic, capsicum, chilli (if using) and spices and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add tomato and cook for 15 minutes.
Step 2 Add kidney beans, stir to combine and remove from heat.
Use this braise recipe as a base to make these tasty meals:
About this recipe
First published: September 2013