Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
4 hrs 40 mins (Hands-on time: 10 mins, Cooking time: 270 mins)
$5.92 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 4 lamb shanks, trimmed
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, finely chopped
- 1 small fennel bulb, finely sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 400g can no-added-salt chopped tomatoes
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons mild chilli paste
- 200g baby spinach
- 400g can cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 12 small slices sourdough, torn
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Place lamb, vegetables, rosemary, chilli and 8-9 cups water in a large slow-cooker. Cook on high for 4 hours.
Step 2 Remove lamb from cooker and set aside to cool. Add spinach and beans to cooker and cook for 20 minutes or until spinach is wilted and beans are softened.
Step 3 Remove meat from lamb and break into chunks. Return to soup with basil and bread and stir to combine. Season with freshly ground black pepper, sprinkle over cheese and serve.
About this recipe
First published: September 2013