Chocolate and apricot bread and butter pudding
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
5 hrs 20 mins (Hands-on time: 20 mins, Cooking time: 300 mins)
$1.22 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 350g sliced multigrain bread
- 2 1/2 tablespoons reduced-fat table spread
- 1/4 cup apricot jam
- 1/3 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 3 cups skim milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon icing sugar, to serve
- 1 cup low-fat vanilla yoghurt, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat slow-cooker to low. Halve bread slices. Spread 1 side of each piece with spread, then jam. Place half of bread in cooker. Scatter over half the apricot and half the chocolate.
Step 2 Add remaining bread, apricot and chips. Beat milk, eggs, vanilla and sugar in a bowl and pour over bread. Press down lightly. Cover and cook for 4 1/2 to 5 hours.
Step 3 Sprinkle top with icing sugar and serve with yoghurt.
Do not leave this pudding in the slow-cooker for longer than 5 hours. Once it’s cooked, serve immediately.
About this recipe
First published: September 2013