Tuna and vegetable fettuccine
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
$3.70 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 2 cups passata
- 425g can tuna chunks in spring water, drained
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup torn basil leaves
- 300g tricolour egg fettuccine
- 2 large zucchini, peeled into ribbons
- 2 large carrots, peeled into ribbons
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Pour passata and 1.2 cup water into a medium saucepan; bring to the boil. Add tuna, garlic
and basil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer gently for 15 minutes. Season tuna mixture with cracked black pepper.
Step 2 Meanwhile, cook fettuccine according to packet instructions. Drain pasta and return to pan.
Step 3 Add zucchini, carrot and shallot; toss gently to combine and cover to keep warm. Top fettuccine with tuna mixture and serve.
To easily slice the zucchini and carrot into long thin ribbons, use a vegetable peeler.
About this recipe
First published: November 2013