Herb-crusted pork with sweet potato and pea salad
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
$5.40 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped basil leaves
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped mint leaves
- 500g pork fillet, trimmed, halved crosswise
- 600g sweet potato, scrubbed, cut into 1cm-thick rounds
- 2 cups frozen baby peas, thawed
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Jalna low-fat natural Greek-style yoghurt
- 100g baby spinach
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Combine parsley, basil and mint on a chopping board; arrange in a thin layer. Season with cracked black pepper. Roll pork fillet in herb mixture to coat evenly on all sides.
Step 2 Spray a large frying pan with olive oil; set over medium heat. Cook, turning occasionally, for 12–15 minutes, or until pork is browned and cooked. Remove pork from heat; cover lightly with a piece of foil, and leave to rest for 5 minutes. Cut pork into thick slices and set aside.
Step3 Meanwhile, steam potato for 6–8 minutes, or until just tender. Transfer potato to a heatproof bowl; add peas and onion. Stir lemon juice and yoghurt to combine; pour mixture over warm vegies and toss gently.
Step 4 Serve pork with sweet-potato salad and baby spinach.
About this recipe
First published: November 2013