Fresh gnocchi with asparagus and ricotta
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
$4.70 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 1 cup reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 500g packet fresh potato gnocchi
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 200g baby rocket
- 4 tablespoons walnuts, toasted
- 8 tablespoons reduced-fat fresh ricotta, crumbled
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Place vegie stock, garlic and onion in a medium saucepan and bring to the boil. Add gnocchi. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer gently for 5 minutes. Add asparagus and parsley. Cook for 1 more minute, or until gnocchi are cooked.
Step 2 Divide gnocchi mixture among 4 serving bowls. Top with rocket, walnuts and ricotta, and serve.
- Toast walnuts in a dry frying pan for 1–2 minutes.
- Serve gnocchi straight after cooking for best results.
About this recipe
First published: November 2013