Early summer salad
Please log in to save or rate.
4 (as a side)
Time to make:
$3.05 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed
- 1 cup shelled fresh broad beans
- 1 baby cos lettuce, thickly sliced
- 125g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, halved, sliced into bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill (optional)
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Steam asparagus spears and broad beans until just tender; drain and refresh under cold running water. Chop asparagus spears into short lengths. Peel outer skin from broad beans.
Step 2 Place lettuce, tomato and cucumber on a serving platter; top with asparagus and beans.
Step 3 Combine olive oil, vinegar, mustard and dill in a small bowl. Drizzle mixture over salad; serve.
Make it gluten free: Check Dijon mustard is gluten free.
About this recipe
First published: November 2013