Chickpea and cauliflower curry
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
30 mins (Hands-on time: 10 mins, Cooking time: 20 mins)
$2.45 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- cooking oil spray
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mild Indian curry paste
- 1/4 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 500g frozen cauliflower florets
- 2 x 400g cans no-added-salt diced tomatoes
- 400g can no-added-salt chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 1 cup frozen sliced green beans
- 3 cups cooked brown basmati rice, to serve
- 1/3 cup coriander leaves
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Spray a large deep saucepan with cooking oil and set over medium–high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring, for 5 minutes, or until soft. Add curry paste and chilli flakes; cook, stirring, for 1 minute, or until mixture is fragrant.
Step 2 Add cauliflower, tomato and 1 cup water; bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes, or until florets are tender and heated through.
Step 3 Add chickpeas and green beans; cook for 5 minutes, or until heated through.
Step 4 Top basmati rice with curry, scatter with coriander and serve.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free curry paste.
About this recipe
First published: November 2013