Vietnamese fish cakes
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
35 mins, plus 1 hr chilling
$3.50 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 1 cup mashed cooked sweet potato
- 2 x 180g cans tuna in springwater, drained
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 2 tablespoons green curry paste
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green beans
- cooking oil spray
- fresh coriander, chopped, to serve
- 1/2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1/2 spring onion, finely chopped
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Mix all fish cake ingredients in a bowl. Shape into 16 balls and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Step 2 Flatten balls into patties. Spray a frying pan with oil and place over medium-high heat. Cook patties for 2 minutes each side.
Step 3 To make sauce, mix fish sauce,1 1/2 tablespoons water, vinegar and sugar in a jug. Stir until sugar has dissolved. Mix in remaining sauce ingredients.
Step 4 Serve fish cakes with sauce and garnish with fresh coriander.
Serve fish cakes with an Asian-style noodle salad to make a balanced meal.
About this recipe
First published: May 2013