Roast tomato, tuna and basil penne
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
25 mins (Hands-on time: 10 mins, Cooking time: 15 mins)
$4.12 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 325g gluten-free penne
- 2 x 185g cans tuna in olive oil
- 250g baby red capsicums, deseeded, cut into thin wedges
- 400g mixed baby tomatoes (tomato medley)
- 200g grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 eschalots, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup small fresh basil leaves
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water, following packet directions, until tender. Drain. Return to pan.
Step 2 Meanwhile, drain oil from tuna; reserving half. Place capsicum, tomatoes, eschalots, garlic and reserved oil onto a large baking tray lined with baking paper. Toss to coat. Bake for 15 minutes, or until vegies soften.
Step 3 Add tuna, roast tomato mixture (including juices) and basil to pasta. Toss to combine and serve.
Make it vegetarian: Omit the tuna.
Pasta can sometimes take over the whole meal – so to keep a healthy balance, try serving this dish with a tasty, vegie-packed Simple mixed salad.
About this recipe
First published: March 2013