Full ingredients list:
- 2 x 400g cans butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups Tomato sauce base
- 8 medium slices toasted sourdough spread with 1 teaspoon reduced-fat table spread on each
- 80g reduced-fat feta, crumbled, to serve
- 1/2 bunch parsley, finely chopped, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Combine beans with Tomato sauce base in a saucepan over low-medium heat. Cook gently, stirring carefully, for 5 minutes or until warmed through.
Step 2 Spoon mixture over sourdough toast, crumble feta over top and sprinkle with parsley. Serve immediately.
Replace feta with reduced-fat grated cheese if you prefer.
Serve with a skim cappuccino to make a perfectly-balanced, tasty brekkie.
About this recipe
First published: March 2013