Full ingredients list:
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa
- 120g haloumi, chopped into chunks
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 420g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups rocket
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Cook quinoa following packet directions then set aside to cool.
Step 2 Spray a non-stick frying pan with oil and place over medium-high heat. Add haloumi and fry, turning, until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
Step 3 In a large bowl combine cherry tomatoes, chickpeas, rocket and mint. Add quinoa and haloumi. Sprinkle over lemon zest, juice and olive oil. Toss and serve topped with extra mint.
About this recipe
First published: March 2013