Stir-fried egg noodles with beef and ginger
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
$4.32 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons reduced-salt beef stock
- 200g dried egg noodles
- cooking oil spray
- 500g rump steak, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 white onion, cut into very thin wedges
- 3cm-piece ginger, peeled, cut into thin matchsticks
- 200g green beans, trimmed, cut into 3cm-lengths
- 150g snow peas, trimmed, halved lengthwise
- 1 bunch baby bok choy, trimmed, cut into 4cm-length pieces
- fresh coriander leaves, to garnish
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Place oyster sauce, honey and stock into a small bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
Step 2 Cook noodles in a saucepan of boiling water according to packet instructions. Rinse under cold running water, drain well.
Step 3 Place a large wok or frying pan over high heat and spray with oil. Add beef in batches, and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from wok and set aside. Return wok to high heat and spray with a little more oil. Add onion and ginger. Stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add beans and snow peas and stir-fry for 2 more minutes, or until beans are bright green. Add bok choy and stir-fry for 1 more minute.
Step 4 Return beef to wok with noodles and reserved sauces. Toss to combine and cook for a further 1-2 minutes, or until everything is coated in sauce and heated through. Divide between bowls and garnish with coriander leaves to serve.
About this recipe
First published: June 2013