Roast lamb with bean purée and greens
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
1 hr (Hands-on time: 20 mins, Cooking time: 40 mins)
$5.71 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh oregano
- 700g lamb leg mini roast, excess fat trimmed
- 1/2 cup low-fat Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 x 400g cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 300g green beans, trimmed
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat oven to 180∞C. Combine rosemary, 2 garlic cloves and 2 tablespoons of the oregano on a plate. Roll lamb in herb mixture. Place onto a baking tray lined with baking paper. Bake for 35ñ40 minutes for medium, or until cooked to your liking. Set aside for 10 minutes to rest. Slice thinly.
Step 2 Meanwhile, combine yoghurt, cucumber, lemon zest and remaining oregano in a small bowl. Set aside.
Step 3 Place cannellini beans, lemon juice, olive oil, 2 tablespoons water and remaining garlic into a food processor. Process until smooth then warm in a small saucepan. Cook green beans in a saucepan of boiling water for 2-3 minutes, or until just tender. Drain. Serve lamb with bean puree, yoghurt and green beans.
About this recipe
First published: June 2013