Full ingredients list:
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 1/2 cups reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 4 cups frozen mixed vegies, thawed
- 4 x 100g pork loin steaks, fat trimmed
- 2 teaspoons Masterfoods no-added-salt All Purpose seasoning
- fresh coriander, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Spray a saucepan with oil and place over medium-high heat. Add onion and fry until softened. Add almonds, rice and stock. Simmer, covered, for 10-15 minutes or until rice is cooked. Add vegies in the last few minutes of cooking. Fluff with a fork and stir until vegies are heated through.
Step 2 Meanwhile, spray a frying pan with oil and place over medium-high heat. Sprinkle pork with seasoning. Fry for 3-4 minutes each side, until cooked through.
Step 3 Serve pork on pilaf, topped with a sprinkle of fresh coriander.
About this recipe
First published: June 2013