Artichoke, walnut and spinach pasta
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
$3.27 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 320g penne
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 70g walnuts, chopped
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 red chilli, chopped (optional)
- 400g can artichoke hearts in brine, drained, sliced
- 100g baby spinach, chopped
- 100g reduced-fat feta, crumbled
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water, according to packet directions. Meanwhile, spray a large frying pan with oil and place over medium-high heat. Add garlic, onion, walnuts, lemon zest and chilli. Cook for 5 minutes.
Step 2 Add artichokes. Fry for 2-3 minutes to warm through.
Step 3 Add cooked pasta, baby spinach and feta. Turn off the heat. Toss to combine. Divide among plates to serve.
- For meat eaters, you can add some cooked shredded chicken breast or tuna.
- Sprinkle pasta with some shaved or grated parmesan for a bit of extra flavour.
About this recipe
First published: June 2013