Spicy tofu rice with fried egg
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
$3.80 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- cooking oil spray
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, cut into thin matchsticks
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon sambal oelek
- 1 cup frozen green baby peas
- 150g green beans, trimmed, sliced
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded, diced
- 2 cups trimmed bean sprouts
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 200g soy and honey marinated tofu (Soyco brand), sliced
- 2 tablespoons reduced-salt soy sauce
- 4 eggs
- coriander leaves, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Spray a large wok with oil and place over high heat. Stir-fry onion and carrot for 2 minutes. Add garlic and sambal and stir-fry for 1 more minute.
Step 2 Add peas, beans and capsicum. Stir-fry for 2 minutes, or until vegetables start to soften. Add bean sprouts and stir-fry for 1 minute more. Add rice and tofu, stir fry for 2 minutes, or until heated through. Stir in soy sauce.
Step 3 Meanwhile, place a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Fry eggs, in batches if necessary, until cooked to your liking.
Step 4 Divide rice between serving plates, top each with an egg and sprinkle with coriander.
Suitable to freeze (without egg).
About this recipe
First published: July 2013