Mediterranean polenta pizza
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
25 mins (Hands-on time: 10 mins, Cooking time: 15 mins), plus 30 mins chilling
$2.60 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 2 cups HeartActive milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking polenta (cornmeal)
- 2 tablespoons salt-reduced tomato pasta sauce
- 1/3 cup grated Cracker Barrel vintage light cheese
- 25g baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 red capsicum, finely sliced
- 50g button mushrooms, sliced
- 4 pitted olives, quartered
- 1/2 red onion, cut in thin slivers
- 2 (40g) fat-free pickled artichoke hearts, quartered
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, torn
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat oven to 200°C.
Step 2 Bring HeartActive and water to a gentle simmer in a large saucepan. ‘Rain’ in polenta, whisking continuously until smooth. Stir for 2-3 minutes until very thick. Spread into a 20cm round on a baking paper-lined pizza pan or oven tray. Refrigerate for 30 minutes until cool.
Step 3 Spread polenta with sauce. Top with half the cheese, then add spinach, capsicum, mushrooms, olives, red onion and artichokes. Top with remaining cheese.
Step 4 Bake in oven for 15 minutes until golden. Sprinkle with basil leaves, cut into wedges and serve.
Recipe and image supplied courtesy of Lion Foods.
About this recipe
First published: July 2013