Indian leek and cauliflower soup
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
40 mins (Hands-on time: 10 mins, Cooking time: 30 mins)
$1.65 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- olive oil spray
- 1/2 leek, finely sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 3 teaspoons Korma curry paste
- 300g cauliflower, chopped
- 300ml salt-reduced chicken or vegetable stock
- 500ml HeartActive milk
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped coriander
- 2 tablespoons Farmers Union Reduced Fat Greek Style Natural Yoghurt, to serve
- extra coriander and garam marsala, to serve (optional)
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Spray a large saucepan lightly with olive oil and sauté leek for 5 minutes until soft. Add garlic, ginger and curry paste and cook for a further 2-3 minutes until fragrant. Stir in cauliflower and stock. Cover and bring to a gentle simmer for 25-30 minutes until cauliflower is very soft and most liquid has evaporated.
Step 2 Remove soup from heat. Add HeartActive and purée in a blender until smooth and thickened. Stir in coriander and return soup to stove to warm through for 1-2 minutes.
Step 3 Serve soup immediately with a dollop of yoghurt, extra coriander and a sprinkling of garam marsala.
Recipe and image supplied courtesy of Lion Foods.
If you are a lover of spicy food, adjust the amount of curry paste in this recipe to your liking.
Enjoy this soup with a slice of grainy toast, or warm wholemeal pita bread.
About this recipe
First published: July 2013