Apple and pear crumble
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
35 mins (Hands-on time: 15 mins, Cooking time: 20 mins)
$1.54 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 4 green apples, peeled, cored, sliced
- 3 pears, peeled, cored, sliced
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1/3 cup traditional rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil
- 2 tablespoons choppedmacadamia nuts
- 6 tablespoons low-fat natural yoghurt, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat oven to 180ºC. Place apples, pears, 1 tablespoon sugar and 1 tablespoon water into a small saucepan. Cook, covered, over low heat for 10-15 minutes, or until fruit softens.
Step 2 Spoon mixture into four 3/4 cup-capacity ovenproof dishes and place onto a baking tray.
Step 3 Combine remaining sugar, flour, oats, oil and nuts in a bowl. Sprinkle over apple and pear mixture. Bake for 20 minutes, or until topping is golden. Serve crumbles with low-fat yoghurt.
Make it dairy free: Omit yoghurt.
About this recipe
First published: July 2013