Full ingredients list:
- 300g spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons mild chilli paste
- cooking oil spray
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 8 x 97% fat-free sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 3 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 green cabbage, shredded
- 1/4 cup reduced-salt vegie stock
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Cook spaghetti according to packet instructions. Drain and return to pan with chilli paste. Toss, cover and keep warm.
2 Spray a non-stick frying pan with oil and place over a medium-high heat. Cook onion for 2–4 minutes, or until softened. Add garlic, tomatoes and mushrooms. Cook for 3–4 more minutes.
Step 3 Add cabbage and vegie stock. Cook for 3–4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Step 4 Add vegetables to spaghetti and toss together lightly. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
Step 5 Serve sprinkled with walnuts and garnished with chopped fresh parsley.
About this recipe
First published: January 2013