Fish and sweet potato chips
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
40 mins (Hands-on time: 15 mins, Cooking time: 25 mins)
$4.11 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 700g sweet potato
- 4 x 150g firm white fish fillets (eg. Dory), skin removed
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoons Gourmet Garden lemongrass paste
- 4 tablespoons dried breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, to serve
- 4 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream, to serve
- 8 cups green salad, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat oven to 190ºC. Line two ovenproof trays with baking paper. Cut sweet potato into wedges and microwave steam a third at a time for 3 minutes each. Place sweet potato wedges onto one of the trays.
Step 2 Spray ‘chips’ with oil and bake for 25–30 minutes, or until golden. Meanwhile, place fish fillets onto second tray. Drizzle lemon juice and zest over fish and season with freshly ground black pepper. Top each with ¼ of the lemongrass paste and breadcrumbs. Spray with a little oil. Bake for 20–25 minutes, or until cooked through and lightly golden.
Step 3 Serve fish and chips with a sprinkle of chopped fresh parsley, a dollop of reduced-fat sour cream and green side salad.
If you don’t use a microwave, cook chips in oven for 5–10 more minutes.
About this recipe
First published: January 2013