Chilli chicken fried rice
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
22 mins (Hands-on time: 10 mins, Cooking time: 12 mins)
$5.30 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 1 tablespoon rice bran oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 fresh long red chillies, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 300g broccoli, trimmed, cut into small florets
- 300g sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1 1/2 cups shredded skinless, boneless cooked chicken
- 3 cups cooked white long-grain rice (made from 1 cup rice)
- 2 tablespoons reduced-salt soy sauce
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Place a wok over medium-high heat and add half the oil. Once hot, add eggs and swirl wok to make a thin omelette. Cook for 1 minute, or until set. Remove from wok and roll up tightly to form a long log. Slice thinly.
Step 2 Add remaining oil to wok. Add onion and stir-fry for 3 minutes, or until softened. Add garlic and chilli. Stir-fry for 1 minute, or until fragrant. Add broccoli and peas. Stir-fry for 5 minutes or until tender-crisp, adding a little water if necessary.
Step 3 Add chicken, cooked rice and soy sauce. Stir-fry until combined and heated through. Add omelette and toss gently to combine, before serving.
Turn up the heat by leaving the seeds in the chillies.
About this recipe
First published: January 2013