Chicken and vegie couscous soup
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
$6.02 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- cooking oil spray
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 4 cups reduced-salt chicken stock
- 400g lean chicken breast, sliced
- 8 cups diced vegetables (eg. carrots, leeks, celery, beans)
- 1 1/2 cups couscous
- fresh coriander, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Spray a non-stick frying pan with oil and place over medium high heat. Add onion, chilli flakes, garlic and lemon zest. Cook for 5 minutes, or until softened.
Step 2 Add stock, 4 cups water and lemon juice. Bring to simmer, then add chicken and cook for 3–4 minutes.
Step 3 Add vegetables and couscous and cook for 4–5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until couscous is soft and chicken and vegies are cooked through. Garnish with fresh coriander to serve.
About this recipe
First published: January 2013